McAfee Active Protection
Revolutionary security, made for you.
Revolutionary security delivers immediate detection of threats through Active Protection technology.
McAfee’s revolutionary new Active Protection technology provides immediate protection against malicious threats to your PC. A new threat can be analyzed and blocked in milliseconds, rather than waiting hours for traditional techniques. Available for McAfee consumer products, Active Protection is the best technology to keep consumers safe from emerging online threats.
McAfee customers with any of the following products can download this software for their PC at no additional cost:
- 2008 McAfee® VirusScan Plus® / McAfee® Internet Security Suite / McAfee® Total Protection
- 2009 McAfee® VirusScan Plus® / McAfee® Internet Security / McAfee® Total Protection
You must have one of the products listed above installed on your PC in order to install Active Protection.
Please follow these simple instructions for enabling Active Protection on your PC:
- Install your McAfee security software on your PC. If already installed, go to next step.
- Download and run the McAfee Active Protection installer.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Once McAfee Active Protection is successfully installed, you will see the following screen.
Verification Instructions (after Installation)
We encourage you to verify that Active Protection technology is properly installed and functioning on your PC. Please follow these easy steps.
- Download and open this test program. This program is benign and is used solely to verify proper Active Protection installation on your PC.
- Enter the following password when prompted: password
- Click Run on File Download dialog box
- The following alert will indicate that Active Protection is successfully installed and running on your PC.
If you do not have the supported version of McAfee security software installed, you will see the following. Please click OK, install the supported version of McAfee security software and return to step 1 of Installation Instructions.